View this post on Instagram
Deadline approaching! Order your poinsettias and support Port Credit Secondary School Council. Order via your cash online account and pick up your plants just in time for the holidays on December 18th at PCSS at 2:30 p.m. or ask your student to pick up your holiday poinsettia after school. #portcreditsecondaryschool #portcreditschools #PCSSCouncil
The City of Mississauga’s 2019 proposed Business Plan and Budget is now available online at mississauga.ca/budget. It describes the City’s proposed program and service enhancements and how they will be funded for 2019.
The total proposed 2019 operating budget is $874.2 million. This amount is offset by revenue from various sources (e.g., transit fares, recreation fees and development charges) totalling $362.5 million. The property tax funds the budget amount not covered by these revenues.
The proposed overall impact is a 2.75 per cent increase on the 2019 residential property tax bill. Of this, 1.69 per cent is for the City’s services and, based on the target set by Regional Council, 1.07 per cent for Region of Peel services.
The proposed 2019 net operating budget is $511.6 million, compared with $485.2 million in 2018. This represents an increase of approximately $26.4 million over 2018. Continue reading Now Available Online – Mississauga’s Proposed 2019 Business Plan and Budget
|Monday, November 26, 2018||6 to 7 p.m.||
City Hall – Council Chamber, Second Floor
300 City Centre Dr.
- Taking transit – Plan your trip on MiWay
- Riding your bike – Use our Cycling Network Map to find bicycle lanes and signed bike routes
- Carpooling – Find a carpool partner, access preferred parking and use HOV lanes on the 407 and 401 with Smart Commute
Share Your Thoughts on the City Budget
As the costs to deliver quality City services continue to increase, what’s the right balance between service levels and spending? Tell us your thoughts on the City of Mississauga’s proposed 2019 Budget.
There are several ways to get involved. Try the budget allocator, explore the City’s budget website, request a group meeting or attend a Budget Committee meeting.
- Learn about what you get for your tax dollars at mississauga.ca/budget
- Read an overview of the 2019 preliminary Business Plan & Budget that was presented to Budget Committee on June 13, 2018
- Watch for the full 2019 proposed Business Plan & Budget that will be posted online on November 28
- Budget Committee deliberations are scheduled for December 5, January 14, 15, 21, 22 and 28, with a Council vote to approve the budget planned for February 6, 2019*
- Have your say – try the budget allocator tool
- Request a meeting for your community group
- Email your question or comment at email@example.com
- Follow the City on Facebook and Twitter
- Attend or watch a Budget Committee meeting. All Budget Committee meetings are open to the public and are available via live stream and saved for future viewing.
- Sign up for a telephone budget session
#PRP investigating a stabbing that occurred overnight at Lakeshore Rd E/Hurontario St in #Mississauga around 2 a.m. Two victims are in non-life-threatening condition. Witnesses are asked to contact 12 Division CIB at 905-453-2121 ext. 1233 or provide info through Crime Stoppers
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) October 28, 2018
— DR (@Media371) October 28, 2018
Two men are in non-life threatening condition after a stabbing outside a Port Credit bar last night. Police are appealing for witnesses in helping identify any suspects.https://t.co/DI3J5CwZYp pic.twitter.com/EMi7JqzRHc
— The Mississauga News (@MissiNewsRoom) October 28, 2018