Mississauga - Investigators from the Special Victims Unit are seeking the public's assistance to identify a suspect responsible for two separate sex assaults.
On Wednesday February 16, 2011, at approximately 8:45 a.m., the suspect sexually assaulted a teenage female, while in the area of Erin Mills Parkway and Dundas Street West.
On Tuesday March 29, 2011, at approximately 3:10 p.m., a second victim was in the same area, when she was also sexually assaulted by an unknown male.
Investigators believe that both of these sexual assaults were committed by the same individual. They are requesting the public's assistance in identifying the suspect, or suspects, responsible for these assaults.
In the first incident, the suspect was described as male, white, 20 to 30 years of age, with a medium height and a heavy (overweight) build. He had short dark brown hair and a goatee. This suspect was last seen wearing dark framed prescription glasses and a grey hooded sweater and jeans.
In the second incident, the suspect was physically similar, but clean shaven and with no prescription glasses. He was wearing dark sweatpants, a grey down jacket and runners.
Anyone with information pertaining to either of these two incidents is asked to contact the Special Victims Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3460. Anonymous tips may also be submitted via Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
Peel Regional Police would like to offer the following safety tips to the public:
- Always be aware of your surroundings and keep your personal safety in mind.
- Try not to travel alone. If possible, travel with a friend.
- Make sure someone you trust knows where you are, or where you're intending to go, at all times.
- Avoid taking short cuts through ravines or other secluded areas.
- If someone does approach you, or you feel unsafe, try to leave the area immediately and call 911. Go to a safe place and report it to another individual.