The following message was received from TOPCA -- the Town of Port Credit Association -- and is forwarded for your information.
"Hello fellow TOPCA member!
Thanks for your support of the community-building work of the Town of Port Credit Association (TOPCA) through your $5 annual membership!
Now we'd like to invite you to forward this email to encourage your friends, family members, neighbors and local business colleagues to join TOPCA too!
As you know, TOPCA is a volunteer, not for profit residents' association, affiliated and recognized by the City of Mississauga. We work together to keep each other informed and to ensure that residents' views are heard on issues that affect village life from cultural activities to development.
TOPCA volunteers have been involved in our community many ways:
- painting, planting and watering the familiar bicycle planters around the village
- coordinating all-candidates' meetings during elections
- conducting community conversations, e.g. the 'Ramping up the Vision' public meeting this past March
- collaborating with other local cultural, business and special interest groups and festivals
- promoting the numerous events in the village (phew!)
- participating actively in development issues that affect the evolution of our village
And we aim to keep TOPCA's website and weekly e-mail newsletters a comprehensive source of information about Port Credit and a resource for all residents: www.topca.net
Your $5 membership helps make all these great things happen and ensures that the voices of the people who live and work in Port Credit are heard by our elected representatives on many important issues in this active community.
Any adult who lives or works in Port Credit can be a TOPCA member. Employees and owners of a number of local businesses including Port Credit BIA members have joined TOPCA too. Please take a minute now to forward this message and encourage your friends, family members and neighbors to join on-line today!
It's easy and secure to join or make a donation! (link to our Membership webpage) and hey, at $5 it's the best bargain in town!
Feel free to contact us if you have questions or comments. Thanks again for your participation in village life and we'll see you around town!
Deb Greenfield & Jim Danahy
Town of Port Credit Association (TOPCA)