A public meeting will be held at Planning and Development Committee on Monday, September 21, 2020 to consider Lakeview Waterfront Development Plans to create a mixed-use waterfront community.
The plans outline the development of employment, commercial, institutional, cultural, park uses and 8,050 residential units on the 177-acre site, formerly the Lakeview Power Generating Station lands, located in Mississauga’s Lakeview community.
The purpose of the public meeting is for:
· the applicant to present the proposal of a draft plan of subdivision, Official Planamendment and rezoning applications
· the public to ask questions and share their views about the proposal
· the Planning and Development Committee to receive a report that provides information on the project
Feedback and comments will be noted for consideration in the review of the development proposal.
· Planning and Development Committee
· Lakeview Community Partners Ltd.
· Residents, BIAs and ratepayers associations
Monday, September 21, 2020
This meeting will be held in person and online. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the public are encouraged to participate online. Advance registration is required to attend the meeting in person due to limited seating. The meeting will be streamed live for the public to view online. Further details on participation can be found in the Public Meeting Notice.
This public meeting is the latest step in the multi-year project which began with Inspiration Lakeview consultations in 2010. The development plans follow the framework outlined in the Lakeview Waterfront Master Plan which was endorsed by Council in November 2019 and have included extensive community consultation. A future public engagement session will be held in the fall regarding the parkland contained within the proposal. Once the technical review is complete and issues have been resolved, a report will be brought forward to a future Planning and Development Committee outlining the recommendations for the development proposal.